Departmental Honors Program
The Anthropology Honors Program is designed for outstanding Anthropology majors interested in independent exploration of a special topic of their own choosing under the guidance of a faculty member. An honors thesis is expected to make a substantial and persuasive argument situated with in, and contributing to, current critical debates while demonstrating exceptional verbal clarity and sophistication.
Must meet all requirements:
- Maintains at least a 3.75 GPA in Anthropology coursework
- Maintain a cumulative 3.50 overall GPA
- Submit an original undergraduate thesis written under the guidance of a departmental faculty member, who serves as thesis advisor.
- Honors thesis must be submitted to thesis advisor 3 weeks before the end of the term you are graduating. (example Graduating: Fall – last week in November, Winter- last week in April, Spring- last week in May, Summer- last week in August)
- An electronic copy of Honors Thesis emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important forms and information:
Thesis document should be double spaced, pages numbered, New Times Roman font, and margins 1 1/4 inches.