Skip to Content

Advising and Mentoring

The Tykeson College and Career Advising in Willie and Donald Tykeson Hall is UO’s new advising center, located on 13th Avenue, between Johnson and Chapman Halls. At Tykeson Hall, you can work with professional College and Career Advisors who can help you explore your interests, schedule your classes, plan for graduation, discuss career interests, and more.


You can schedule appointments with our Tykeson College and Career Advising team via the EAB Navigate app available in the App Store or Google Play. Please visit the Office of Academic Advising’s website for information about appointments and hours of operation.



The Department of Anthropology undergraduate advisor can answer general questions about the program, and mentor students on courses and other opportunities.


Larry Ulibarri

Dr. Larry Ulibarri
Drop-In Office Hours
Undergraduate Advisor
Condon 354


Access Your Advising File Online: 

SSC Campus (Student Success Collaborative)

Student Success Collaborative Campus is the new advising platform for the University of Oregon. It is geared to help connect advisors (faculty, full-time, etc.), student services & students in the best way possible. The goal is to have all departmental advisors using SSC Campus to help support the goal to increase retention and graduation rates.

How to access it:

  1. Go to:
  2. Click “SSC Campus Live Site”
  3. Log in with your Duck ID username and password
Ruby Fried interviewing Shuar woman

Undergraduate student Ruby Fried conducting an interview with a Shuar woman as part of Dr. Larry Sugiyama and Dr. Josh Snodgrass’ Shuar Life History Project

Anthropology majors and minors are also encouraged to consult with other faculty members in the department in order to discuss specific issues related to their sub-field. All faculty are actively involved in research and this provides many opportunities for undergraduates. Faculty often integrate students into research projects, which gives students hands-on experience conducting research. In most cases, participation in faculty (or graduate student) research is through informal volunteer internships or through the Participatory Learning Experience (PLE) mechanism. In rare cases, undergraduates are paid through employment in faculty research. Students should contact faculty directly to inquire about the possibility of research opportunities.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email